Saturday, November 21, 2009

September 23, 1956 from Mary Lou Preston

Return Address:

1730 E. 22nd Place
Apt C
Tulsa, Okla


Addressed to:

Mrs. C.B Preston
Fay, Oklahoma


Saturday Night

Dear Carol,

Howdy Dukie - My but it was good to get your letter the other day. We'll probably see you tomorrow but thought I'd try and write a few lines anyway. Russell is on call tonight and got called back awhile ago. It wasn't serious and I hope he doesn't get involved in a bunch of stuff that is. I've been sitting here watching T.V. There is a Roy Rogers movie on.

We sure been thinking about you and CB and Mom and Pop. And doing a lot of praying. It sure is hard to keep faith and keep wantin God's will when the ole devil stays in there tempting you. And so far Russell and I have just not been able to see any real definite indication as to what it is right now. Guess we've got some patience to learn. You know James 1:3 says "Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." In fact that whole chapter is real good.

Glad to hear that you and Randy are getting along so good. He will sure be lots of company before long. Glad that the nursing is coming along too. He seems like such a good little fellow.

We sure have been busy. Russell is looking tired. It's been a strain for him too. He got a good nights rest last night and looks better today.

I made another uniform this week it is a 2-piece a blouse and jumper. It is one that needs no ironing and that sure is handy.

We went over to Aunt Sis's last night. Took some hamburger and had hamburgers and watched T.V. Uncle Dan went to bed at 7:00 as usual.

Well, I finally got my ole house cleaned up. For awhile any way. I've been trying to get a sweeper every day this week tho and they are always in use so my rug is still in a mess.

We had best get to bed. Russ is home now and we want to get a fairly early start in the a.m.

Dukie, you keep up the good work out there. God will and is helping you and all of us. And before long you and CB and Randy will all be together again.

God Bless You.

Love,

Mary Lou


*My Notes: I learned by reading ahead in the letters, that Mary Lou is C.B's sister-in-law, married to his brother Russell that was a doctor in Tulsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment