Saturday, November 21, 2009

September 19, 1956 from Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Dunham

Dated September 19, 1956

Dear Carol and C.B.,

Will write a few lines. We received the announcement of your baby boy. Sure glad it is over. Take good care of yourself and baby. Sorry to here of C.B getting hurt hope he is getting better by now.

I pray for him every day. How long will he be in the hospital? Try and not worry to much. They will take good care of him.

Sure has been hot and dry. We need a good rain. We thought we were going to get a rain last night and it fizzled out. The night are cool. We still run our cooler.

How is Mr. and Mrs. Preston? Give them our love.

Edna comes in quite often 2 or 3 times a week. Not much news so I will close.

With Love,

Grandma & Grandpa Dunham


My Note: Note that in this letter they say "Sorry to here of C.B getting hurt". My first clue as to what happened to him. He was "hurt". "Here" is not a typo on my part. I am typing these letters exactly as they are written. Sometimes though, so no one gets confused, I do add a little punctuation to spare any confusion. In this letter there was a lot of lack of punctuation and the words ran together in a lot of places.

This letter was from "Grandma and Grandpa Dunham" or on the return address:

Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Dunham
218 E Vilas
Guthrie, Okla

I may be wrong but I think they are C.B's wife, Carol's grandparents.

This letter was addressed to:

Mr. and Mrs. C.B Preston
Fay, Okla

Many of the earliest letters were addressed to them at home.

Also note here, the baby had been born. So this has the baby being born in the first 2 weeks of September 1956. I already know his name was Randy Justin Preston from some reading ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment